Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Why the Resistance to Change?

The old quote, "you can't teach old dogs new tricks" isn't true for people!  I'm living proof!  I remember the day before computers - and now I'm dependent upon them.  Do I feel foolish sometimes as I try to maneuver through the ever changing technology?  ABSOLUTELY YES!  Do I resist the changes?  MOST OF THE TIME!  (My best friend will tell you how I dragged my heels about getting an Ipod - she finally bought it for me!)  But do I eventually go for it?  ALWAYS!

Even more important than pushing through the changes necessary in our technological world is pushing through the hard work of changing your core beliefs, thinking patterns and resulting behaviors! And wow do we resist that change!  But if you want to live the life you were meant to live, you have to CHANGE!

That's why restoration is so important! Restoration is more than recovery - Restoration is being restored back to the potential of who you were created to be!  And that process requires a hard look at and confrontation of what you have been told about self, appropriated as self and lived out of.

When you consider that type of deep level change, you will most likely be accompanied by fear.  Questions rise up to build a blockade: "What will my family and friends think?"  "How will I manage life, and make decisions?  This way makes sense; doesn't work, but it makes sense."  "I don't know who I am without this thinking."  

 I get it!  Those questions can make you tremble and stop moving forward. Oh - please don't give those questions more power than the power that lies inside you to change and become!  You have deep in your core the handprint of your creator who gives you what you need to connect to your authentic identity! Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment