Monday, December 22, 2014

Our Connections Family

The weeks of Christmas and the New Year are typically weeks that I step back from the daily routine and rest and reflect.  Wise business people tell me that it is a time to reflect on the past year and set goals and direction for the coming year.

I'm having trouble with that.

I could list for you all the things I've done.  All the places I've spoken, the displays I've manned, the groups I've facilitated, the sessions I've sat in as I work to address the issue of sex abuse.  (Actually as I look at the list it is no wonder I need this time to rest).

But those things aren't what are dancing in my mind's eye and heart.

For what I see as the real treasure of the year are the people who embrace the heart of our work and unearth the treasures inside themselves!

  • I see them trusting us, including us in their lives!  
  • I see the discovery of their uniqueness exploding.
  • I see the women who return each year to our Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations.
  • I see the traditions established in our community and know they bring stability.
  • I see the weddings I've been invited to as part of the family.  
  • I see the women now out of state who still connect.  
  • I see the Connections "grandchildren" growing up
  • I see a special sense of humor that only Connections can experience.   
And I experience and embrace the meaning of family.

I am so grateful for you all.  You make my life count.  
Merry Christmas to the Connections Family!  
May the Presence embrace you with peace and comfort!
Love you, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment