Thursday, May 24, 2012

We've landed safely!

When the prayer warriorI had just met looked at me and said, "you need to know them and they need to know you", and added, "if you're bold enough, go and introduce yourself", I knew it was the next step. Since I've never been accused of being reserved, (ha!) I went. (This conversation was actually just two days after I wrote my last post.)

Gladstone is a community of young people dedicated to living an Acts 2 life.  Turns out they are in my area!  I don't know all the details yet of how it works.  I do know they have agreed to live in community, sharing resources and impacting the area around them. I walked up to the house, sat on the porch and joined in the conversations of these young people.  I was welcomed, included and felt at home.

The next morning I received an email inviting me to use their meeting space to host our Connections restoration group!  I was stunned!  I was humbled, and I was so grateful!  I didn't have to ask. There was no "screening", no hesitation, just a heartfelt welcome and sharing of resources! 

This week we held our first group there.  Two community members met us at the door, welcomed us, invited us to enjoy the chocolate treats they left for us, then disappeared to allow us to meet. Our group settled in, resting in the acceptance offered and marveling at the beauty of the space.  My eyes tear up in gratitude as I write this several days later.

Amazing!

We moved out of our old space in obedience and freedom.  We stepped into a place of grace and beauty with hope and provision!  How awesome is this journey of restoration and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment