Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Freedom to Move and Be

Today I understood at even a deeper level, the amount of freedom I experience in my life!  And how grateful I am for the journey that has brought me to this place of freedom!

The location of Connections, (the not-for-profit agency I lead for victims of sex abuse), is being re-arranged. The open bed truck I was driving was loaded with sofas and various pieces of the life of Connections as it was lived on Eden Avenue.  I couldn't see out the rear view mirror, and in the side mirror I could see one of our chairs, tied in, but leaning precariously over the edge.  Actually, I think I was pretty comical looking as my flashers warned other drivers to give me lots of space.

The truth:  it's a stressful time for me!  It appears by the circumstances I face that my life's mission of assisting victim's of sex abuse to restore to authentic identity is severely crippled.  It appears by the circumstances I face that the possibility of defeating the presence of sex abuse in our culture is over.  I'm packing up the materials and the memories and crying.  I'm sorting the furniture, selling some, giving some away, and wondering what is happening and what happens next.

And yet I'm doing this all with FREEDOM!   When I saw the furniture loaded on the truck and knew that I didn't know where Connections will settle; I still knew it was the correct and obedient thing to do. I've loaded up the truck, not knowing where I'm heading next, but knowing the God I'm following and WOW, I knew I was living in Freedom! How many people have the freedom to pull up roots, and just go - trusting! What joy!  What excitement!  WHAT FREEDOM! Love you Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment